SSA Futures is a Ski & Snowboard Australia athlete development and talent identification program. SSA Futures has a vision to enhance the opportunities and resources for athletes in the SSA athlete pathway. Futures camps and programs are held across all SSA disciplines, some at the grassroots level and some at higher levels of the athlete pathway.
The aims of SSA Futures are to:
- Introduce developing athletes to elite sporting opportunities and elite sports people
- Increase knowledge of the athlete pathway, selection criteria and the various opportunities, resources and programs available to Australian snow sport athletes
- Establish a consistent and unified approach to athlete development
- Engage National Team athletes and programs in pathway development initiatives
- Provide athletes with superior technical coaching and performance opportunities
- Encourage involvement in SSA domestic ski/snowboard events
- Bridge the gap between Interschools competition participation and involvement in seasonal SSA Pathway Programs
Sample programs from past XC Futures Camps can be found here in PDF format:
Please visit the SSA website www.skiandsnowboard.com.au for information regarding upcoming Futures camps/ programs in all disciplines.