“Cross country ski racing will always be challenging, but it should also be rewarding, interesting and fun. Not everyone will win an Olympic medal, not everybody will represent their country. But everyone can strive towards and achieve personal goals, become competent skiers, develop skills for life and be part of the Australian cross country skiing family.”
To provide cross country ski racing opportunities for all levels of athletes and achieve international excellence through high quality programs and pathways supported by a vibrant skiing community.
Provide the opportunity and support for athletes to achieve international excellence at World Cup, World Championship and Olympic Winter Games.
Sport Development and Participation
Increase participation at all levels of the sport, provide high quality athlete pathway programs, and build and sustain a vibrant cross country skiing community.
Create an attractive brand for Australian cross country skiing, increase media exposure and raise the level of financial resources through both public and private sectors.
Strengthen the network of coaches, volunteers, technical officials and administrators who provide support for Australian cross country skiing.
– respecting all individuals and valuing their contributions
– providing pathways and opportunities for all levels of the sport
Striving for Excellence
– aiming for best practice, individual achievement and international success
Sport for Life
– welcoming newcomers at all ages and developing skills that will last a lifetime
– supporting active lifestyles and supporting each other – it takes a community to raise a champion
Full Strategic Plan: snow-australia-xc-strategic-plan-2014-2018
Structure & Strategy Overview: snow-australia-xc-structure-strategies-june-2016-public
Structure & Strategy Details: snow-australia-xc-structure-strategies-detailed-overview-june-2016-public